- Location: Perth
- Suburb: Perth WA
- Position Type: Full Time
- Company: Jobstar Pty Ltd
Workshop Supervisor - Hydraulic Cylinder Repairs
About the business
Callcott & Downey Engineering is a 90 year established, market leading organisation based in Kewdale, WA.
Hydraulic cylinders are the cornerstone of our business and for many years, our success has been based on our exceptional team of staff, which are both passionate and committed to providing exceptional service. We are seeking a Workshop Supervisor to join the Callcott family, to grow with our company and be a part of our story.
About the role
- Do you want to advance your career? Are you management material?
- Do you have what it takes to lead others? Are you ready to be part of a management team?
- Are you able to take ownership of your position and responsibility for your decisions?
- Are you confident in your abilities as a tradesman?
- If you can say "YES" to all of these and feel comfortable talking with customers, we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced hydraulic cylinder tradesman, preferably with supervisory/managerial experience, to take on the role of Workshop Supervisor.
On a daily basis you will have a diverse range of responsibilities, including:
- Quoting and planning
- Liaising with customers
- Supervising a small team of tradesmen
- This is a position where "Attention to detail" is a key skill that cannot be understated. The role involves a high level of customer contact, so knowledge of mobile equipment would give you an advantage. We have established ourselves as problems solvers for our clients and your focus will be to maintain our ability to carry this out effectively.
Benefits and perks
- Perth location – No FIFO – be at home every night with your family.
- Full time, long term employment position.
- Good working environment – friendly, helpful staff.
- Good career move with a well established company
- Opportunity to develop new skills
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will have at least three years of post-qualification experience working with Hydraulic Cylinders and have superior knowledge in some or all of the areas listed below:
- Metal machining practices
- Use and maintenance of Machine tools – lathes, grinders , borers, hones .
- Quality Assurance principles
- Workshop safety and cleanliness standards
- Metallurgy and heat treatment processes
- Welding processes and procedures - AS1554
- Chrome plating and other surface treatment techniques
- Job planning and quoting
- CAD, Solidworks, Turbocad experience
Exposure to direct customer contact and being comfortable in your ability to solve their problems will be an advantage. You will also need to be very computer literate and well skilled in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel with some skills in drawing packages.
To apply for a position you must be a permanent Australian resident or have an appropriate work visa.