Welder / Fabricator / Boilermaker
- Location: Brisbane
- Suburb: Brisbane QLD
- Position Type: Casual
- Company: Jobstar Pty Ltd
The Fabrication Company is a privately owned family business which supplies, fabricates and installs metalwork and light to medium structural steel. Types of products we manufacture include (but not limited to) architectural stairs, balustrade, handrail, screens, fencing, structural steel. We also work with glass (glass fencing/balustrade/pool fencing).
We are immediately seeking an experienced and highly skilled Boilermaker/Fabricator/
Welder to join our team based in our workshop at Stapylton. You will be reporting to the managing director and the position will involve producing various high end products across the commercial and residential spectrum in an efficient and accurate manner.
We are seeking a person with a positive, friendly attitude who wants to grow professionally in a company that values hard work and rewards results.
To be immediately considered for this role you must possess the following:
- Confident and competent welder in MIG, TIG and Stick working with Aluminium, Mild Steel and Stainless Steel
- Experience with Aluminium Welding is a MUST
- Attention to detail
- Pride in workmanship
- Be able to work unsupervised, have initiative, ask questions if not sure of something
- Ability to read plans and drawings
- Ability to use power tools and perform accurate measuring, drive a forklift
- Good communication skills
- Be reliable and punctual
- Be available immediately
Duties will include
- Weld steel/aluminium components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions
- Setting up and lay out of work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or rework of finished products
- Operate hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch and other hand tool as the job requires.
- Read, understand, and follow job orders/drawings/verbal instructions
- Site work is also required and would involve installation and onsite welding
An attractive wage in line with your qualifications and experience will be negotiated with the successful applicant. The position will initially be casual, with full-time employment offered to the right person after a probationary period.
If you feel you have all the attributes that we are looking for to be successful in this role please forward your resume.
To apply for a position you must be a permanent Australian resident or have an appropriate work visa.