Structural Steel Estimator
- Location: Melbourne
- Suburb: Mornington Peninsula & Bass Coast VIC
- Position Type: Full Time
- Company: Jobstar Pty Ltd
Jack Engineering is a family owned structural steel fabrication company based on the Mornington Peninsula with 40 years’ experience specialising in bespoke projects for residential and commercial builds. We work with a number of long standing local builders, along with high end Melbourne based construction companies, with our core business in fabrication and erection of structural steel, within residential and commercial type builds.
A few major recent structural steel projects include the Federation Square Outdoor Theatre, the Ballam Park Pavilion, and the Cranbourne Gardens Water Lily Walk Over.
An exciting career development opportunity has arisen within our growing office team. Jack Engineering is currently seeking an experienced Structural Steel Estimator to join our dedicated team.
This is a full time role with immediate commencement upon offer.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Senior Estimator you will be part of a small hard-working team tasked with fabricating and installing high quality structural steel and infrastructure products.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A completed course in drafting, or be a time served engineer within the heavy fabrication trade
- Minimum two years estimating experience
- Have a knowledge base of Office 360, in particularly with regard to Excel and Word
- The ability to read engineering drawings and architectural plans
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to produce tenders and other documentations
- Ability to liaise with a variety of people including consultants, developers and clients
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Intermediate IT skills
- Clean driver’s license and the ability to pass a drug test, if requested
- Resident in with the right to work in Australia.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Material takeoffs and pricing from tender documents
- Tender reviews
- Working closely with the clients and other team estimators
- Requesting quotations from suppliers
- Systems training will be provided however a minimum of two years experience will be highly regarded for this role
- Initial training will include time in the workshop and on site, to establish a knowledge base of the business
How to Apply:
Click the ‘Apply’ button to submit your application.
All applications will be reviewed upon application and we will be in touch with you directly once reviewed regarding the outcome of your application.