Civil Engineer / Draftsperson
- Location: Sydney
- Suburb: Bankstown NSW
- Position Type: Full Time
- Company: Jobstar Pty Ltd
Civil Engineer Draftsperson specialising in Structural Steel Detailing
We are a successful and respected structural steel detailing company based in Bankstown, NSW looking for an experienced Tekla structural steel detailer / modeller who has the ability to prepare accurate workshop drawings. This will be a permanent full-time position with an immediate start. Anticipated pay will be from $55-65K.
Elmasry Steel Design and Detailing is a well recognised design and detailing office established in 1993. Our team consists of Engineers and draftspersons specializing in structural design and detailing. We have proven to be a leading office in the area of Structural steel using the 3D solid modelling program TEKLA STRUCTURE.
Study & Interpret Client Drawings, specifications etc.; Identify lack of info in client drawings & request solution; Detailing of connections between Steel Members using Tekla Structure Software; Check any clash between steel members in the model with other building elements; Create accurate detailed shop drawings with sufficient dimension and information to enable fabrication and erection; Create Material list, Part list, Single parts, Bolt list, NC files and Dxf files; Establishing Detailed Programs for co-ordination of work activities.
- We prefer a minimum of 3 years’ experience in modelling, drawing and editing using TEKLA STRUCTURE SOFTWARE.
- Able to interpret and work from architectural and structural drawings
- Be familiar with Australian building codes and standards
- Able to co-ordinate with fabricators, engineers, architects, contractors and consultants
- Resident in Australia – do not apply if you are overseas