- Location: Regional QLD
- Suburb: Warwick/Stanthorpe QLD
- Position Type: Full Time
- Company: Jobstar Pty Ltd
Do you like natural beauty, fresh produce, stunning walks and great wines? Well the scenic Granite Belt may be for you! Stanthorpe is a vibrant town with many natural and man- made attractions, within easy reach of Brisbane but with the joys that only rural life can offer…minimal traffic, fresh air and friendly people. The Granite Belt Support Services Therapy team are amongst the friendliest and would love to welcome you to our award winning organisation.
Granite Belt Support Services is a local non-profit, non–government organisation, registered for NDIS that has been operating in the Stanthorpe/Warwick region for nearly 30 years providing support and multidisciplinary allied health services to children, adults and their families.
We are looking for a Speech Pathologist who is passionate about working with children and adults who may be experiencing disability, social, emotional and/or behavioural difficulties.
This position is a full-time or part-time role. It is a permanent position for up to 22 hours/week working within the Granite Belt Cluster of Schools. NDIS Participants make up the casual hours to full time.
As the Speech Pathologist in the team you will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with families, schools and other organisations in the provision of Speech Pathology services to those who require support for their disability, social, emotional or behavioural difficulties, which are significantly impacting on the person’s overall health and well-being.
- Actively participate in the multidisciplinary team setting with particular emphasis on the delivery of SP services to optimise development and independence for those with a disability and their families.
- Promote the importance of early intervention and its role in preventing long term issues
Mandatory Requirements for this role:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Speech Pathology (4 year degree or 2 year masters)
- Current member of Speech Pathology Australia
- Current C Class Queensland Drivers Licence
- Current First Aid & CPR
- Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and Criminal History Screening (Yellow Card)
- Current Personal Indemnity Insurance
- Experience with planning, implementing and evaluating individual and small group programs
- Experience with working with people with a disability
- Experience with delivery of service within school/daycare settings
- Experience with working with people with disabilities across a range of ages 0-65yrs
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the assessment, intervention, evaluation of people with a variety of disabilities, social, emotional, developmental and behavioural difficulties
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills necessary for good working relationships and client care
- Demonstrated ability to function as an effective member of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development and ability to share knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently without close supervision and to appropriately manage time and workload
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are to submit a brief resume with two referees; and a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role addressing the key selection criteria.
Please email your application.