Senior Design Engineer
- Location: Regional NSW
- Suburb: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter NSW
- Position Type: Full Time
- Company: Jobstar Pty Ltd
Senior Design Engineer
INORAiL are a solution based engineering and manufacturing company who specialise in custom built longwall pumps stations and rail-bound transport and handling systems for underground mining and tunnelling applications. The company is the Australian distributor for Inoxihp Italy's hydraulic pumps and valves and German manufactured SMT Scharf's monorail, duorail and chairlift systems.
A great opportunity exists for a qualified Design Engineer to fill a senior role in our Engineering Services Department . Reporting to the Engineering Services Manager you will be primarily concentrating on equipment design and drafting using Autodesk range of products to support the Engineering team, manufacturing team and consequently meet customer expectations.
The Senior Design Engineer must have:
Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent
- Five years minimum design experience
- Conversant with Autodesk design software
- Bill of Material population
- Detail drawings
- Component identification , selection and source
- Data Sheet completion
- Application of International, National and Company Standards
- Change Management control
- General Arrangement and Assembly drawings
- Produce Assembly instructions
- Maintenance drawings and diagrams
- Heavy Engineering Fabrication, preferably within the mining industry
- Spare part identification
- Design to meet Production Schedule requirements
- Engineered proposals to sales specifications
- Calculations for load/stress/fatigue
- Finite Element Analysis
- Design Analysis to component level
- Circuit Diagrams, Pneumatic, Electric and Hydraulic
- Specification Compliance Documentation
- Highly developed computer and report writing
- Produce AS-Built documents for customer approval
- Clear and fluent spoken English
- Strong communication and interpersonal
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Have a high attention to detail and well developed problem solving skills
The successful candidate will benefit from a competitive salary and the opportunity to work and develop their design career within an established and dynamic Engineering team.
Inorail encourage career development and skill enhancement through external study.
Please make your application in writing only, include your current resume, relevant information & references.
To apply for a position you must be a permanent Australian resident or have an appropriate work visa.