- Location: Adelaide
- Suburb: Adelaide SA
- Position Type: Contract , Temp
- Company: Jobstar Pty Ltd
About the business
We are seeking an experienced Registered Nurse to join our practice, part time on a 12 month maternity leave contract. The role is two days per week one of which must be a Friday. We are flexible about the other day and hours on both days.
The start date for the position will be mid-March 2019.
For more information about who we are and how we work please go to www.malvernmedicalcentre.com.au
About the role
The successful applicant will be working with a committed team and undertaking a range of duties including:
- Triaging patients and prioritising emergency situations
- Assisting GPs with Treatment Room procedures including excision of lesions, plastering and assessments
- Wound dressings and removal of sutures
- Performing ECGs and other tests
- Undertaking Care Planning and Health Assessments.
Skills and experience
You will be an AHPRA Registered RN with an appropriate tertiary qualification, General Practice experience and a working knowledge of GP software (we use Best Practice). We are also looking for:
- Experience in all aspects of chronic disease management
- Strong service skills and immaculate presentation
- Currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, reliable and professional
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment
- An understanding of the needs of general practice and interest in community-based nursing including patient education and health promotion
- Knowledge of current immunisation schedules, diabetes and asthma management, enhanced primary care items, infection control, CPR and emergency resuscitation techniques, equipment and drugs.
- DCSI and Police clearances or willingness to obtain these.
- Right to work in Australia.
Please submit your Cover Letter and CV.
Previous candidates need not re-apply.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this role but please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.