Painting Trades Worker
- Location: Darwin
- Suburb: Darwin NT
- Position Type: Full Time
- Company: Jobstar Pty Ltd
About the business
The Definitive Decorating Company is one of only a select few, fully Australian-owned and operated, Dulux Accredited, painting companies, offering a range of specialised painting solutions to commercial, residential and trade businesses.
About the role
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Painting Trades Worker to apply paint, varnish, wallpaper and other finishes to protect, maintain and decorate surfaces of buildings and structures.
- Read blueprints/instructions and examine surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
- Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
- Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster)
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right colour or texture
- Paint surfaces according to instructions with various safety precautions
- Paint in various heights and spaces
- Performs work under limited supervision either individually or in a team environment
- Understand and apply quality control techniques
- Exercise good interpersonal and communication skills
- Exercise quality measuring and calculation skills
- Inspect products and/or materials for conformity with established operational standards
- Assist in the provision of on-the-job training
- Utilise your sound understanding of the construction process
- Specialized materials handling
- Access using scaffold, articulating boom lifts and scissor lifts
- Cleaning equipment and work areas
- Follow the Building Contractors Health and Safety Regulations
Benefits and perks
Ongoing work with a reputable local company. Opportunities for further training and qualification upgrades and renewals. Wide range of different painting works.
Skills and experience
The position requires at least an Australian Certificate IV in Painting and Decorating and at least 5 years experience as a painting trades worker. The successful applicant will have extensive experience in commercial, domestic and industrial work.
The successful applicant is required to have own transport and tools. They will also need to have a current police check, and carry 'Working With Children' Cards (Ochre)
To apply for a position you must be a permanent Australian resident or have an appropriate work visa.