Operations 2IC afternoon shift
- Location: Regional NSW
- Suburb: Campbelltown Sydney NSW
- Position Type: Full Time
- Company: Jobstar Pty Ltd
Adelaide Refrigerated Transport P/L is a family owned company. We concentrate on local and interstate refrigerated transport. We are always actively working to continuously improve our service standards to a new level. We are committed to “doing the business the right way”
Adelaide Refrigerated is owned by husband and wife team and can draw on a rich history in road transport. We believe that solid team work is the best way to improve customer service
Pre-requisites for the position are:
- Must hold a forklift licence / have the ability to load /unload trailers as required.
- Must hold a heavy vehicle licence preferably MC but HC will be acceptable with the view of upgrading.
- Transport operations experience, particularly working in a similar operation with a can do attitude and the ability to think outside the square when the need arises.
- A positive attitude and the motivation to go above and beyond customer expectations. We don't say no to any customer without exhausting very possible avenue to achieve the desired outcome.
- Must be prepared to work variable hours depending on operational requirements. "Normal" hours of work will be 11am till approximately 9:30-10pm Monday to Friday and every second Saturday morning with an on call requirement for the entirety of the same weekend
The responsibilities of the position are as follows but not limited to and not in any particular order of importance:
- Compilation of all outbound manifests including trip plans and temp check sheets as required. Also the entry of con-notes with the assistance of Adelaide administration team
- Timely processing of all incoming / pod paperwork, ensuring accuracy and completeness for return to clients.
- Responsible for all pallet reconciliation for NSW depot / weekly pallet count
- Responsible for fuel dip and ordering as per operational requirements.
- Responsible for checking accuracy of dock cleaning / temp probe / trailer cleaning / forklift daily check sheets and ensure they are completed as required.
- Dealing with any late deliveries and associated rebooking. highly focused on customer service and assistance where required.
- Allocation of local pud vehicles and staff to minimize costs and maximize the fleet usage whilst maintaining the correct levels of customer service.
- Manage both the dock and the yard to ensure safe and efficient flow of traffic within the depot.
- Overall management of the depot facility in regards to house keeping and damage / incident reporting so maintenance levels are at the desired level and staff are held accountable.
- Checking load plans against trailers for accuracy ensuring trailers are loaded correctly, securely and in accordance with company policy and procedures. All trailers are to be checked and signed out only after visibly checking that fridge motors are set at the applicable temperature for the load.
Depot located in Campbelltown NSW