- Location: Melbourne
- Suburb: Melbourne VIC
- Position Type: Full Time
This hands-on role would suit a tradesperson (e.g. carpenter, plumber, electrician) with diverse maintenance experience and skills to be able to maintain the structural integrity and beautiful façade of our beautiful Residence.
With our first aged care residence constructed in 1997, Arcare is the largest private residential aged care provider in Australia. We currently have 35 residences throughout Victoria, NSW and Queensland.
Beyond the luxurious surroundings of our residences, our residents are supported by our innovative relationships first approach to celebrating and supporting old age. This approach is driven by our Arcare values of Relationships, Uniqueness, Partnerships and Flexibility.
- Knowledge and proven experience in general site maintenance and upkeep including roadway, paving, lawns, gardens, and buildings (inside and outside)
- Able to liaise with services trade people and external providers
- Computer proficient – logging maintenance requests
- Have a genuine interest in and respect for the unique personality, history and values of our Residents
- Possess a compassionate, courteous and supportive nature
- Have a trade Qualification
- Have excellent time management
- Have an eye for detail and experience with preventative maintenance
- An Australian citizen or have the right to work long-term in Australia
About the Role:
Reporting directly to the General Services Manager, you will have a hands-on role in the safe provision of general and preventative maintenance on site. This includes assisting with general building upkeep, as well as assisting with our resident’s requests for their individual rooms. As you will be working with staff, residents and external visitors around you, you will also ensure that your work is conducted in a safe, well organised and professional manner. You are also required to have a valid driver’s licence as some on call response is necessary.
In return for your commitment to us and our Residents, we will provide you with flexibility, on the job training and excellent employment conditions.
If you would like to find out more about how you can become a part of the Arcare team visit our website – www.arcare.com.au/careers and follow the link to apply. Applications close 25/3/2018
All applicants are required to undergo a National Police Record Check
Note: All applicants have to fill in our application, then go to their website https://arcare.com.au then to Careers to fill in that application as well