Logistics Group Co-ordinator
- Location: Regional VIC
- Suburb: Swan Hill VIC
- Position Type: Full Time
- Company: Jobstar Pty Ltd
This position is located in Swan Hill. Applicants must be living within 20 minutes of Swan Hill or prepared to relocate.
Logistics Group Co-ordinator
- Opportunity not to be missed with this critical Logistics role
- Located at Head Office - Swan Hill, Victoria
The role of Logistics Group Co-ordinator is to ensure the Delivery In Full On Time is achieved for all our valuable clients and required working closely with the production team and other departments within the Polymaster Group to ensure product is dispatched to customer destinations within agreed lead times and in a cost effective manner.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Assist Logistics Manager to manage and control all freight and distribution operations for the company.
- Advise Production of tank load requirements in a timely manner to ensure production schedules and test processes are achieved.
- Establish strategic relationships with freight companies to obtain the best possible freight pricing and a consistent and reliable distribution network.
- Continuously monitor and improve the efficiency of this network to ensure we have the most competitive pricing and service.
- Foster close working relationships with associated departments such as Sales and Production to guarantee efficient and effective communication.
- Comply with Polymaster OHS Management Systems as well as State and Federal legislation to ensure a safe work environment for all employees with a zero injury policy.
- Maintain awareness of external influences such as legislation, fuel costs and environmental requires ensuring this information is provided to the Polymaster management team in a timely manner.
- Actively initiate new methods/systems to improve productivity and quality of logistics services.
- Develop and Implement Lean/ 5S processes which minimize down time of vehicles, maximise pick and pack process in general logistics and maintain superior housekeeping.
This role requires an experienced Logistics operator who can demonstrate that they have strong people skills, superior communication skills written and verbal, effective stakeholder engagement with internal operations, suppliers and clients.
Polymaster is a very successful family owned company with the Head Office in Swan Hill and warehouse/ office in Derrimut, Melbourne. Polymaster prides themselves on their innovative products for agricultural, rainwater and industrial, premium quality products manufactured from their own facilities and a robust distribution network and trusted delivery service backed by a prompt customer support and solid product warranties.
Our culture is energetic and passionate for success – we are a medium sized company that has experienced significant growth and looking at other expansion plans.