Insolvency Legal Administration Support
- Location: Melbourne
- Suburb: Melbourne VIC
- Position Type: Full Time
- Company: Jobstar Pty Ltd
Legal Secretary / Administration Assistant / Paralegal
The Melbourne office of our national legal practice requires a Legal Secretary / Administration Assistant / Paralegal with a minimum of one (1) years’ experience (highly appreciated if in a legal office) plus a qualification in Business or Legal Studies to join the team.
Our firm has ISO 9001 accreditation for Quality Assurance.
The successful applicant will be working with a highly organised and skilled insolvency law team. We have a relaxed yet highly professional atmosphere.
This is a long term permanent employment position for the right person.
We are looking for a well-spoken and business college trained person to assist in our busy insolvency law practice with the following experience and attributes:
- High levels of integrity and discretion with a corporate outlook
- Work unsupervised while maintaining a commitment to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Impeccable attention to details
- Ability to prioritise work and handle multiple tasks or assignments
- Flexibility in approach
- Willingness to embrace technology
- Appropriate keyboard skills
- Commitment to actively support the firm’s vision and strategies including promoting change
- Ability to understand professional pressures and remain resilient under these circumstances maintaining a calm and composed approach
- Understanding of quality processes and procedures, preferred however not required
- experience in the insolvency process
The position description contains tasks that require experience in dealing with a wide variety of people and cultures as well as ad hoc tasks and administrative duties. The successful applicant will have a willingness to undertake both equally.
Your tasks and duties will consist of but not be limited to:
- Transcription typing
- Client correspondence and amendments to documents
- Preparing Briefs to Counsel
- Assisting in document indexing
- Assisting in file management, including E-filing
- Diary management for court dates and meetings
- Opening and closing files
- Taking detailed messages and ensure they are issued to the relevant person
- Manage and arrange meetings including diary management to ensure no conflicts occur
- Assisting with ad hoc administrative and other tasks
- General administrative duties or tasks as required
- Assisting with administrative task for ISO 9001 quality assurance
The following experience would be highly regarded but not essential as full training will be provided:
- Legal Experience
- Lexis Nexis Affinity
- Quality Assurance
Your application needs to address how you meet the criteria of experience, attributes and tasks.
Please provide your covering letter and resume of no more than six (6) pages; including two (2) contactable referees.
People of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island nations are encouraged to apply for this position.
ONLY Successful candidates will be contacted.
NO Telephone contact will be taken.
NO Agencies please.
NOT suitable for Law Students or Graduates.