Import Operations Supervisor
- Location: Perth
- Suburb: Fremantle / Cockburn Central WA
- Position Type: Full Time
Due to continued growth, we are looking for an individual that can use their extensive freight forwarding and international shipping experience and lead a small team in our Import Department.
Do you have it takes to manage, motivate and achieve success?
Here's your opportunity to try something new, exciting and challenging. We love what we do and welcome your enthusiasm!
We are WA owned and operated - based in Cockburn Central. All decisions are made in house and we do not offshore any work
- FCL Sea / Air movements
- Liaising with overseas offices & local clients
- Customer service
- Assisting with day to day operations
- Follow up and ensure correct procedure is adhered to
- Motivate and encourage your team
- Constantly liaise with every department
- Enforce high standards
- Check daily ops are accurate and prompt
- Involve yourself in everything
- Report to other Managers and Directors
Do you have:
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- The Ability to work as an individual and within a team environment
- Ability to deal with challenging issues as they develop
- Ability to prioritise workloads and work within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Aptitude to lead and manage a group of staff
- Looking for a challenge
- Has leadership skills
- Competitive / Aggressive
- Love your job
- Minimum 5 years' experience in shipping / freight forwarding industry is required.
- Experience in a managerial capacity would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of CargoWise (EDI / CW1) is preferable, but not essential.
- Be resident in with the right to work in Australia.
This is an excellent long-term career opportunity to work with a very respected freight forwarder and be part of an envious company culture. All applications are strictly confidential