- Location: Melbourne
- Suburb: Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs VIC
- Position Type: Full Time
- Company: Jobstar Pty Ltd
We are a successful and highly efficient Aluminium company that designs, manufactures and installs custom aluminium privacy screens for architects, builders, home owners and contractors. The successful applicant will be working in an office/showroom with a positive, bright atmosphere. We've experiences a rapid growth period over the past 5 years and are looking for an Estimator to join our team.
- Material take offs from clients drawings and produce estimates for sales quotes
- Determine full scope of work and customer requirements
- Assist the production team to establish methods for execution of the job by understanding the work process
- Calculate associated labour requirements with the assistance of Production team
- Produce shop drawings using AutoCAD or similar
About the role
The successful applicant will work alongside and be trained by the Managing Director to:
- Liaise with potential and existing clients.
- View quote requests and architectural drawings.
- Administer detailed and accurate quotations to meet customer requirements.
- Assist in increasing turnover and bring new customers in the door.
You will be trained to assist in the design process of our custom windows and doors, and revise/re submit quotations where necessary.
Benefits and perks
Our team culture has a positive can do mindset that brings our clients ideas to life. Rewards and benefits will be reflective of your attitude, willingness to learn, and improve our processes to promote efficiency within this already great company.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes/qualifications:
- Excellent people skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills/ efficiency in common Microsoft programs.
- Ability to read architectural and engineering drawings.
- A keen eye for detail.
- High organisational skills.
- Knowledge of estimating and/or CAD programs is highly regarded but not essential.
- Resident in with the right to work in Australia.
- Must be computer literate and be willing to work with the company's existing systems
- Ability to interpret architectural drawings
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills Microsoft Word, Excel and PDF readers
- AutoCAD skills
Please apply via Email with resume
Job Type: Full-time for applicants with permanent residency.