Equipment Maintenance Technician
- Location: Melbourne
- Suburb: Melbourne VIC
- Position Type: Full Time
- Company: Jobstar Pty Ltd
About the business
STS is a privately owned and operated civil contracting company specialising in the installation of frictional surface coatings for roads, bridge highways and other civil infrastructure projects.
About the role
STS offer a friendly family oriented working environment with a strong focus on team building where occupational health and safety are paramount. As such we are seeking a full time maintenance technician to join the team and keep our plant and equipment operational.
Normal working hours shall be 8.00 am to 4.00 pm however from time to time additional hours may be required in attendance to emergency break downs.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to perform daily tasks required to ensure the operational availability of mobile plant, vehicles and small motorised tools and equipment. You will have skills in industrial maintenance, encompassing the following areas:
Electrical and Auto Electrical
- Automotive Mechanical
- Fabrication + Welding
You will need to demonstrate the ability to perform essential functions including but not limited to those listed below:
- Perform highly diversified duties to maintain vehicles plant and equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment.
- Perform simple fabrication + welding duties and responsibilities.
- Perform duties including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of equipment and vehicles.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on vehicles, equipment and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Maintain strict compliance with OHS requirements.
- English literacy and numeracy skills
- Full manual licence with a minimum Medium Rigid HGV endorsement
- Forklift Licence
- Construction Industry White Card
- Competency in the use of e-mail and in particular the Microsoft Office suite of e-tools.
- First Aid Certification
- Electrical Test and Tag Certification
- Electrical or Automotive Mechanical Qualifications
To apply for a position you must be a permanent Australian resident or have an appropriate work visa.