Disability Support Worker
- Location: Sydney
- Suburb: Sydney NSW
- Position Type: Casual
- Company: Jobstar Pty Ltd
Disability Support Worker
Do you have the drive to improve the quality of life for people with a disability and are genuine about making a difference to individuals, families and the wider community?
- Multiple positions available
- Immediate start
- Flexible Hours to suit you
About Zest Care
A leading dynamic and innovative government approved provider of early education, disability and care services.
For over 17 years we have successfully provided quality children's services into the homes of families throughout Sydney. Our services have a real impact upon the wellbeing of children, their families and the community as a whole.
As we continuously strive to develop as an organisation, we have been successfully broadening our service delivery into the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) with a 900% growth in the past year, providing personalised care solutions for a range of children, young adults and adults living with disability and additional needs.
Your New Role
Zest Care are currently looking for passionate and caring individuals who are interested in gaining casual employment to work hand in hand with our clients.
The role will involve you to safely support a range of people with physical or mental disability to reach their goals and to make a positive contributions to their quality of life. You could be supporting someone with daily tasks in their home or accompanying them on meaningful community outings.
You will have the ability to assist people with:
- Personal care
- Community engagement
- Domestic assistance
- Learning support
- Behaviour Management & Intervention
This role is strongly suited to people who are genuine and motivated by the challenge of aiding individuals with disability in working towards their goals. Your passion and experience will strive for you to make a positive change in their lives and the community.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience supporting people with complex needs, related to mental and/or physical disabilities, social or health circumstances
- Current Paid WWCC (or willing to obtain)
- Current National Police Check (or willing to obtain)
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Australia’s Driver License + Fully Comprehensive Car Insurance
Why work for us?
- We are a growing and leading provider of disability and care services across NSW
- We have multiple positions across Sydney’s CBD, Western Sydney, Eastern Sydney, South West, North Sydney and Illawarra regions.
- We take into consideration your commitments outside of work and provide flexible hours to suit your needs
- We can offer great rates of pay above SCHADS award
Person centeredness is at the core of all that we do!
So, if you put NDIS participants and their well-being first and you want to truly contribute positively to a person's life, Please Apply!
To apply for a position you must be a permanent Australian resident or have an appropriate work visa.