Carpenter - Leading Hand
- Location: Regional VIC
- Suburb: Western Suburbs Melbourne VIC
- Position Type: Full Time
About the business and the role
BCT Group is a dynamic family run company that firmly places its focus on our team which is expanding due to a steady increase in projects over the last 18 months. Established in 2012 our primary focus is high end alterations and additions in the inner west working beside some fabulous architects and designers with the odd small commercial fit out. 2018 has us well placed with a solid schedule of site starts in place and several new projects about to land.
Our office is located in Seddon. Our office based team comprises estimating and procurement, clients and contracts, office and administration, operations and construction, finance and planning and communications and marketing whilst on site led by a project manager, senior carpenter, two qualified carpenters, three apprentices and a laborer. Our contractors and suppliers have been built on relationships over the past 20 years and are industry leaders.
We don't do things by halves, we are as committed to our clients as we are to excellence. We build to tight schedules, we hate going over time and we dont blow budgets. We are currently implementing construction software which will be live in the first quarter of 2018.
We handle our projects from demolition to completion. Our aim is to create 4 carpentry teams made up of a qualified carpenter and an apprentice that will be based on the one project from start to finish, you will work closely with our project manager and clients and contracts manager and will front our clients at our weekly site meetings.
Enough about us over to you. If you possess an all round skill set coupled with life experience and a desire to perform to impress we want to hear from you.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- All facets of carpentry including demolition, set out, sub floor, formwork, frame, lock up, fix and fit-off.
- Understanding and ability to comprehend contract documentation including architectural and structural drawings, scope of work, specifications and certain aspects of a domestic building contract.
- Work within the team to ensure ordering and procurement is precise and detailed budgets are met.
- Working with the project manager to assist with schedules, quality management, problem solving and general day to day tasks associated with the role.
- A serious focus on OH&S.
- An ability and desire to transfer your knowledge to your apprentice and build a great working relationship.
Skills and experience
- The most important skill you will have is an ability to think and make informed decisions based on facts and have the ability to find them for yourself as and when required.
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification.
- Preferably an all rounder who has been involved in high end domestic projects.
- A complete set of tools you are proud of and work well with.
- A driver's license and reliable tradesmens vehicle.
- Resident in with the right to work in Australia