Assistant Childcare Educator - Traineeship
- Location: Brisbane
- Suburb: Lawnton QLD
- Position Type: Full Time
- Company: Jobstar Pty Ltd
We are currently seeking a Junior Trainee ship employee. This employment will be a full time position Monday to Friday. Operational hours of the Centre are 6am to 6pm. This is for a role in a childcare centre, located in Lawnton. This role is not immediate start. Pending on start date, may be in 2 weeks time. Please do not apply for this job unless you are a Junior 18 years old, live locally and have NOT had a traineeship/apprenticeship before.All other applications will be deleted. The traineeship is paid by the student and not the employer.
If you have a healthcare card, it may make the course a lot cheaper. We run our trainees/apprentice courses through the company of choice. We do have some available at the centre.
This family owned and operated Centre, provides supportive and professional work environments, with a team dedicated to making a positive contribution to the lives of children and families.
- Energetic, committed and enthusiastic attitude.
- Will be required to study Certificate III in Children's services.
- Blue card
- Licence and Car
- A current First Aid Certificate is a plus but not essential. But must be obtained within 3 months of employment. We do our first aid in June.
- Superior communication skills and proactive nature.
- Willingness to learn and be part of the team.
- Reliable and responsible.
- Flexible on starting and finishing times/roster.
What's in it for you?
- Learn and develop your skills, with an opportunity to multi-skill.
- An enjoyable working environment.
- Support from a family orientated team and management.
- Study support, while gaining valuable experience.
- once a month RDO's
- Study time provided (2 hours a week/or make up time)
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon satisfying necessary workplace checks and successful achievement of the selection criteria.
Please send your resume with an attached cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
* Only short listed candidates will be contacted.*
Please contact us via email if you have any questions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Caring for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years old.
- Cleaning and maintaining a healthy environment for the children and staff.
- Covering RDO's/Holidays and lunch relief at times.
- Possibility to work within a room with a Senior Educator.
- Applying first Aid/CPR when needed. (If trained)
- Supervising Children at all times.
- Interaction with the children.
Qualifications and Skills
Any extra qualifications/experience that are used in a childcare environment would benefit.
- Qld drivers (Required)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)