- Location: Gold Coast
- Suburb: Gold Coast QLD
- Position Type: Full Time
Previous military, security, law enforcement, corrections, and criminal justice students are encouraged to apply!
Tru Security is a National Security Services company with over 20 years operational history. Helping to employ hundreds of individuals in a number of diverse locations across the state.
If you have Security Guard experience and/or additional skills to become part of or lead a team, we want to connect with you NOW!
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Patrol Venues (licenced venues/shopping centres…)
- Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel
- Makes periodic patrols to check for irregularities
- Controls access to client site or facility through established protocols
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property
- Responds to a variety of incidents
- Prepares logs and reports as required
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
Required Experience & Skills:
- Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment
- Ability to walk for long periods at a time and climb stairs for certain positions
- Ability to handle all weather conditions
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Active listening skills
- Must have a basic knowledge of computer skills
- Ability to adapt and respond to situations quickly
- Ability to identify and handle stressful situations
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have completed a Certificate II in security operations.
- Must hold a current Crowd Control Licence / Security Officer
- Must have access to reliable transportation (public or private)
- Resident in with the right to work in Australia
We provide courses for aspiring security guards.